What is an endoCube?
A product Invented and made in the UK to:
- Save energy by as much as 30%
- Increase the life of equipment
- Increase the safety of food storage
- Save CO2 emissions and reduce carbon footprint
How does an Endocube work?
- It sits over a thermostatic sensor on commercial refrigeration units
- Microlistin wax within the Endocube mimics food and encases the thermostat sensor preventing fluctuating air temperatures from the controlling unit
- The Endocube turns the refrigeration unit on and off as the product temperature demands it
- Because air no longer causes so many random starts, longer on / off cycles lead to considerable energy savings.
How it works?
Prior to an Endocube being fitted, a refrigeration unit is controlled by fluctuating air temperatures which cause regular random on / off cycles.
After an Endocube has been fitted, the on / off cycles become longer and more even which reduces starts by around 75%
- Trial results show that fitting an Endocube typically reduces the energy consumption on a refrigeration unit by 15-20%, however, in some cases this has been shown to be in excess of 30%
- Reduction in energy consumption will lead to a saving in CO2 emissions
Extended Equipment Life
- Less starts and stops caused by the eCube will extend the life of the of a refrigeration unit, especially the thermostat and compressor
- This will result in fewer plant failures and less engineering call out charges and reduced expenditure on replacement parts.
Energy Saving – Trial Data
To whom it may concern
We have carried out a trial with Endocube in one of our customer sites, Roadchef Services Northampton – North/South bound. Backed up by our high quality technical service and support with a high regard for the environment we carefully monitored the refrigeration equipment and food temperatures. The Endocube allows the refrigeration equipment to manage the food product rather than the fluctuating air temperature. The concluded results and benefits are as follows:
- Temperature of the monitored equipment was kept stable resulting in less frequent refrigeration cycles
- More efficient use of refrigeration equipment, less wear and tear thus energy efficient
- It has been proved that refrigeration cycles have been reduced whilst still keeping food temperature still constant within its legislative limits
- It has been proved that in a busy environment, doors left open for short periods or constantly in and out of the cabinets the Endocube keeps temperature stable as it only monitors the product temperature, and not the fluctuating air temperature, therefore reducing unnecessary refrigeration cycles
I can see the benefit of the Endocube for the more efficient use of refrigeration equipment, safer food and energy savings solutions for the food manufacturing and storage industry.
Vince Presti (Capital Cooling)
Central Regional Manager
Capital Cooling Limited
Extract from Bristol University Report
Fitting the Endocube to the cabinet had minimal effects on temperatures of test packs. In the tests, the temperature of the test packs rose by up to 0.3 degrees centigrade when the Endocube was fitted but the cabinet still operated with the M1 specification.
The major influence of fitting the Endocube was in reducing the energy consumed by the cabinet by 13% in both door closed and door opening tests. Assuming usage similar to the door openings test regime, the Endocube would save 180 kWh/year.
The number of compressor starts per hour was also reduced from 8.9/h with the door closed and 8.5/h with the door opened without the Endocube to 3.1/h with the Endocube fitted.
The average Return on Investment (ROI) is 6-12 Months.
Each unit has a two year product guarantee.